Meet the Akafuino X
|Posted by Akafugu|
Meet the Akafuino X - A microcontroller board based on the Atmel XMega32A4 microcontroller:
Highlights of the XMega processor:
- 5 UART’s with individual speed setting
- Runs at 32MHz
- 32k of flash memory
- Onboard DAC
The Akafuino X can run Arduino sketches. It’s all thanks to the awesome XMegaduino project!
XMegaduino is a fork of the Arduino project: It adds support for the XMega line of processors to the Arduino IDE.
Akafuino X features:
- Arduino form factor, compatible with tons of Arduino shields
- Runs on 3.3V
- All digital inputs are 5V tolerant
- Compatible with all Akafugu Arduino libraries and products such as TWIDisplay and TWIKeyboard
When to use the Akafuino X over an Arduino board:
- When you need a little more processing power (twice the amount of clock cycles!)
- When you need a DAC (comes with a two-channel DAC onboard)
- When you want to interface directly with 3.3V logic (no level converter neccesary)
- When you need more I/O pins, Akafuino X adds 8 extra.
- When you need a built in RTC.
The Akafuino X (along with XMegaduino 1.0 beta 1) is coming soon to the Akafugu Store!
Special thanks to Alex for the amazing work on avr-xboot.