The Nixie Modular Clock! Akafugu’s Nixie Clock Redefined!
The Nixie Modular Clock is a fun to build stylish clock kit that uses old-fashioned neon Nixie tubes.
Nixie tubes were once the dominant type of display in early electronics devices such as multimeters, calculators and military equipment. A nixie tube contains a single anode in the form of a wire mesh and usually ten cathodes, generally in the shapes of the numbers 0-9. Nixies with other symbols are also common. By applying around 170-180 volts between a cathode and the anode, the cathode will light up in its characteristic yellow neon glow.
- Comes as a kit complete with acrylic case
- 4 beautiful 5 cm tall IN-14 Nixie tubes
- High-precision DS3231M Real Time Clock for accurate timekeeping
- Controlled by two buttons
- Dedicated on-off button for alarm
- Blue underlight for the tubes
- ATMega328P microcontroller with Arduino bootloader
- Open-source Arduino-based firmware, easy for anyone to understand and modify
- Powered from a single 9V (or 12V) AC adapter
- Controller booard can drive up to 6 digits
- Modular design, more shields will come
This product generates high voltages (180V~200V) and can be dangerous if handled improperly.