|Diet Nixie||cMoy Amplifier||Cube 4|
|Vetinari Clock||Four Letter Word||Nixie Clock|
|VFD Modular Clock||TWIDisplay||TWILCD|
Lastest blog posts:
|Posted by Akafugu|
First of all we are sorry that it has taken so long between beta4 and beta5.
A lot has happen since the beta4 release. The 1.5.x releases of Arduino are currently in beta, but to be able to proceed with releases in the future we decided to go with the 1.5.x line.
Lately Arduino has also started looking at updating the compiler (something Xmegaduino desperately needs as the Xmega series is not supported in the avr-gcc version that is shipping with Arduino.)
Beta 5 contains:
- New avr-gcc 4.8.1 for all platforms (including support for the USB versions of Xmega and very recent chips)
- A new library structure
- Some of the libraries have been rewritten to use the SPI library (eg SD library)
Get the new Xmegaduino beta5 here! For linux users, please rename .tar.gz.zip to .tar.gz.
Please give the new beta a test-spin and report any problems in github’s issue tracker!
|Posted by Akafugu|
Akafugu recently purchased a new Pick and Place machine. We bought it locally here in Japan, from MDC co.,ltd.
It has a big tray holder space, and to save a bit on cost, we decided to try making our own DIY trays for some of the bigger parts we use.
Here is the result and build, we used two sheets of 2.5 mm MDF glued together. The bigger hole at the bottom is for using the reel tape for some very tall components (10mm high). It works great, and we are very satisfied with the result.
Our pick and place machine can take variable sized trays, but we wanted to be able to use both our DIY tray together with regular JEDEC trays.
Here are some resources for JEDEC trays:
A regular JEDEC tray is 322.6 x 136mm, so we made our trays 136mm wide as well.
We ordered the laser cutted 2.5 mm MDF from our good friend Emerge+.
Start by putting the top panel up side down and insert the 3 mm screws, they will later be used to align the top and the bottom pieces.
We used Loctite Mini as glue, but any glue should do. After applying the glue to the back side of the top layer we put on the bottom and secured the screws. We put some clamps on to hold the panels properly together while the glue cured.
This is the end result with some components placed. The only problem was the lower left diode, it was a bit bigger than the pocket so we couldn’t use that space, but other than that is was perfect.